What does this data mean?
When you draw power from the grid your scope 2 emissions (emissions as a result of the power you use) are proportional to the emissions from the grid. Our aim is to help people and businesses have a better understanding of the impact power consumption has on our net zero targets.
What you can see at carbonnem.interlate.com is near real time emissions of our eastern and southern states power grids. As well as the power generated and the emissions intensity at any given moment in time.
What does using this data mean for me or my business?
For individuals we hope that getting a look at the massive swings in emissions intensity for power usage encourage some better choices around the home.
For businesses we hope to give you the opportunity to communicate more transparently within your business and your customers about your scope 2 emissions. CARBONEM is actual emissions in real time allowing:
- Instant feedback on scope 2 abatement strategies.
- Weekly and Monthly up to date scope 2 emissions reports on location and market based approaches.
- Daily tracking on your product scope 2 emissions intensity KPI’s
- Informed choice on the location specific impact of each business unit.
- Accurate data to benchmark the impact of renewable energy projects and power purchase agreements on your current scope 2 emissions impact.
- Methodology more accurate than current GHG Protocol scope 2 emissions averages
For businesses this data represents the end quarterly reporting for scope 2 emissions and an informed business making deliberate choices on how to operate and how it impacts their emissions.
Things don’t look right all the time?
We are developing quickly and sometimes that means we make mistakes, we know our data is correct 98% of the time and rest assured we are striving for 100% by the end of the year. Please sign up for updates to know when our data is certified.
Get Updates or Contact us for any specific questions